Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Can I Do With This?

Why do I feel like my teacher training was useless?

I know it wasn't totally useless, my thoughts on teaching have changed significantly since I began the teacher ed program. But now that I am in my own room, why do I feel that I have not used a single material or even piece of paper that was ever given to me in college? I have a shelf full of binders that I have turned to many times in these first few weeks, only to walk away empty handed and frustrated.

Meanwhile, I'm stealing lesson ideas, classroom setups, organizational tools and whatever else I can grab from teachers left and right.


What gives?

And yes, that was a reference to Dan Meyer, who unknowingly inspired me to start this sad excuse for an edublog in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment