Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Kicker in the Can

The first post of this blog is not a credo for me or this blog. It was intended to mark the wide-eyed curiosity that sparked me just enough to start a blog, a curiosity that I hope will continue to motivate me as a teacher, learner, and person.

My intent here is two-fold. One, that I might have a running record of the thoughts of a new teacher, in hopes that one day, when I am an old teacher (and supposedly wiser one at that), I might refer back to it in order to give advice to future young teachers. The second purpose is much less noble and far more practical. I have thoughts about the landscape of public education in the United States, an institution with rich history that I know far too little about, and specifically thoughts about math education. This is my space to share these thoughts (though at times they may simply be musings) and hear feedback, collaborate, share ideas, all with the hope that everyone involved in the process might emerge more enlightened about what actually happens in classrooms across the country.

I hope to be helpful, but more than that I hope hear and be heard.

My name is Andrew and I am a math teacher in Holland, MI.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment